SOCIAL MEDIA TIPS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Written by Ita Buckley on 23rd September 2016
At FCDM, part of our full circle approach is to include social media in the digital strategy of our clients. Social media, when used effectively, can build your business brand and teach you a great deal about your customers.
We have created a list of some important tips for social media, in order to help you get the most from social media for your business.
1. Figure out who your target audience is: Ask yourself these questions; What age are my customers? What are their interests? What types of new customers do I want to attract on social media? This is key in deciding what approach to take.
2. Don’t set up multiple accounts on every social media platform: You won’t have time to update them all, so pick a few that you think will help your business the most and attract the right attention. Larger more mainstream social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter can be very powerful. Facebook has 1.65 billion monthly users, and Twitter has 350,000 tweets per minute.
3. Show the human side to your business: Interact with your customers on a personal level by showing them the real you. Share your opinions about things you are interested in, add a personal greeting, and ask your customers some questions to engage with them. At the same time, be careful not to offend anyone.
4. Be useful: Nobody wants to be flooded with ad’s in their newsfeed! Don’t just post ad’s, post useful content for your customers, and ensure that it is content that will make others look good when they share it. Give people a reason to like your page with interesting content and competitions which will attract a wider audience.
5. Schedule your posts: Create multiple posts in advance to save yourself some time and stagger them. You can schedule in advance to ensure they are posted at appropriate times. Studies have shown that:
- Thursdays & Fridays are the best days to post on Facebook and Twitter
- 1pm is the best time to post on Facebook or twitter to get the largest number of shares/retweets
- 3pm is the best time to post on Facebook to get the most number of likes
- 12pm – 3pm is the best time to post on YouTube, and 5pm-6pm is the worst time to post
- Saturdays between 8pm – 11pm is the best time to post on Pinterest, with 9pm being the peak time
- 3pm-4pm is the best time to post on Instagram 7 days a week. The worst day to post on Instagram is Sundays.
6. Use ad’s wisely on social media: Make sure to post an interesting or humorous ad that will catch your customers attention. Include photos, videos and links to your website.
At FCDM, we are always interested in hearing from you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further information on what we can do to help your business. You can call us on +3531 5253188. We look forward to working with you soon.